Re: (ET) Removing the steering wheel

Never heard of a gear worn down that far.  Possibly you could remove the
block and elongate it's mtg holes to get gears further into mesh - that
is, a small amount so as not to change the angle much.  The console
itself may be tilted a bit fwd too. Also, the steering shaft may not be
getting far down enough in the block. This is a time for experiment.  Of
course a new (or used but better condition)  gear will solve the problem.
 Bet your tractor was driven that way for a long time til she finally
wouldn't hardly steer at all.

Dave
Weymouth MA