Re: (ET) Removing the steering wheel

Matthew callahan wrote:
Note, I did try Harold Z's method of putting a monkey wrench on the shaft, and propping it against the dashboard frame before heaving onto the steering wheel in a clockwise fashion. That thing did not budge. Not even after I tried it again with a long wooden 2x4 stud for more leverage, and cracked the plastic shell on the steering wheel in the process.

*nod* I just drilled the heck out of it, which allowed the shaft to collapse around itself. Big drill, slow, craftsman bit (don't even think about Home Depot "Ryobi" bits; they are made of butter) and lots of motor oil.

That plus a wrecking bar did the trick.