Re: (ET) Motor control for lift

Jeff Tickner wrote:

If you are using a PWM motor control for the lift, how do you reverse?
I was looking at the controls at electricscooterparts and I don't see reverse mentioned.

Good question. One way to look at it is the existing motor wiring would be used for the forward/reverse (really just putting the 18 volts on either "side" of the field coils in the motor) and wiring the lift control at the point where it picks up power from the battery. Minimal wiring changes, works fine. Actually now that I think about it, setting speed could be a problem. If these units provide constant current (they slow when you go up a hill) that could be maddening for something like a lift. What I would need is constant voltage (puts more power in as the load increases) which would require a control of some sort on the motor.

Any thoughts?
Chris