Re: (ET) Sweeper Control - deck motor powered

I bought a controller at:

http://www.electricscooterparts.com/speedcontrollers.html#36v

to use with a mower deck motor for a mini-bike project. Haven't hooked it up yet, but I'll report back when I do. I have the 750W controller, but I see they have a 1000W now.

- SteveS

JBR wrote:

Hi Chris,

You might look at the simple PWM variable speed controls used in those little electric scooters. BUT, make sure you find one rated high enough current (and 36v - some are only 24v) - you might not, because I think the Deck motors are about 1 horsepower - or 750 watts, where the largest scooter controller I have found is for a 500 watt motor. BUT, the controllers are MUCH less expensive than(though probably not as reliable as ) a golf cart controller.

But, the 500 watt scooter motor might also work for this purpose - then all would match.

John