(ET) Reply from D... (Suppressed At His Request) page three

 Here is page three
I also have a 1981 John Deere 317 (gas job) with grass catcher, mower, snow blower, rear tiller.

AND, MR INSANITY         in July bought a John deere 855 off of ebay and had a great trip to Des moines to pick it up. (and actually got it for less than my maximum bid). It was purchased new by an 85 year old man and has only 600+ hours on it.

AND NOW TO YOUR DISCUSSIONS (like I told Mark,  which almost makes me puke).

1)                      could just be the seller using a different name to try driving up the prices
You guys sure are smarter than I am, I bought the stuff, why would I want to drive up my buying price?

And no, I don’t have different names, just the name my folks gave me which I have used for over 68 years and the name ebay gave me. I didn’t know you could have more than one name, maybe I should find a new name that would really tightens your shorts.

2)                     one person trying to corner the market
Why would I want to corner the market, what is that anyway and what does it prove? If I have the money or can figure out how to raise the money and it is something that strikes me and I can afford it, I bid the price I will pay for it.  I always thought that was what an auction was?

3)                     something tells me d... (suppressed at his request) is ebay user oldphoneguy and actually purchases under other usernames.
I have never heard of that either, I have one name that I have had for 68 years and an ebay name for three years, why would anyone want more than one name?  I don’t know who oldphoneguy is, why don’t you do a little research and if he is doing something illegal or unethical, turn him in.

4)                     d... (suppressed at his request) have prevented me from buying many items
How is that Mr. Cain? If you have the money don’t you bid the maximum you are willing to pay?  I have been outbid many times and don’t sit in my lawn chair with a baseball cap on backwards and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa about it.

I just missed buying a 1917 Dodge touring, but unlike you, I will make friends with the new owner and give him an original sales brochure that I have in my collection - and he might let me sit in the car and maybe even drive it. How insane is that?

5)                     has even bought two or three of the same manuals
the same goes for parts
                Yes Ron (?) I do have multiples of things and unlike you I don’t bid something up just so somebody else pays more than what I could afford. Does that ever sound full of ethics to me.  And you might learn something - when I have multiples, I keep the best one and will give (yes give) away or sell the others. And I sometimes have multiple parts including for my old cars, in case something breaks or wears out. Does that sound like insanity to you? I think it out does being so unethical and than crying about it. If one of my tractors or one of my old cars breaks down or something wears out, my extra parts which are not being made any more, may just save the day.

What really bothers me about you admitting in writing to the world, that you wanted an item, but couldn’t afford it so you deliberately bid it up to make it more expensive for me - AND NOT ONE OF YOUR ELITE GROUP chastised you or put a stop to it. Instead you all by your silence condoned the blatant unethical actions of one of your own.

                Money is an object to me, I earn every cent to buy -at times working two and three jobs and currently as an Enrolled Agent  January 15th to April 15th ;my work schedule is up at 3:15 a.m. work at 4:00 am to 7:30 p.m. seven days a week with time out for church Sunday morning.

                Maybe if you spent some time with a second job instead sitting checking some other bidders auction you would have money to buy what you want.