Re: (ET) mower deck current draw

David C Robie wrote:
Sure you could.  But why?  Without the extra shorting contacts that are
on the GE contactor (which is a pretty much std DPDT type)  you would
have no 'instant stop'  of the deck blades,  and if you used a
snowblower, it would take an *awful* lot longer to come to a halt. This 'electric braking' of our accessories is a safety feature. You
would not have that feature.  I would consider it unsafe especially with,
but not limited to, the snowblower.
Point: The snowblower is not a PM motor, therefore shorting it does nothing as the field collapses as soon as power is removed. It just spins down (running it into snow stops it quickly)