Re: (ET) Leaves and an E-12

Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:45:55 -0400
To: "Banks, Michael J." <mbanks protopower com>
From: Pieter <pvcl plitch com>
Subject: Re: (ET) Leaves and an E-12
Bcc: ?\Current Folders\Tractor

I use an old Sears tow behind sweeper and it does a pretty good job on both leaves and pine needles. If the brushes are set too low it will just lock the drive wheel and skid along behind the ET. If the brushes are set too high, it doesn't get up very much or misses the low spots. In addition, it has a limited basket behind it, so fairly frequent stops are necessary to dump leaves onto a tarp to be dragged to the mulch pile. However, it is simple to use, relatively cheap and works OK.

I love the answers you will get to this question. Many will suggest Rube Goldberg" contraptions that are built from parts lying around the yard. These will suck the leaves from the ET mower using a swimming pool cleaning hose fastened to an old gas powered leaf blower (now converted to wood fuel) and blow them into two trash cans on a trailer where a mechanically operated foot will compact them for later use powering the family bio-mobile.