From: Matthew callahan [mailto:callahanrc hotmail com]
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 9:19 AM
To: Konstanty, Walter (GE Indust, ConsInd); mbanks protopower com;
elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Leaves and an E-12

One thought I had was to take my electric black and decker blower/vaccum
($50 at home depot) and a really big custom bag for it on the trailer in
the
back.  Put a couple of my 12V deep cycle batteries (that i got free at the
dump) in parallel in the weight box up front (or on the trailer) to run
the
blower/vac through a 2000 watt converter that I have, and suck the leaves
up
through a upsides down trough dragging along the front like a vaccum
cleaner, spaced off the ground a little with sleds.

The blower/vac will mulch the leaves into bits through the impeller, so if
the bag is big enough, it shouldn't fill too quickly, and it'd compost
better after you dump it.

Matt