Re: (ET) sickle bar mower

MYGAWSH I don't let my grass get that tall.   Seriously, you ought to be
able to find a front mount sickle bar from a gas tractor and hang a drive
motor on it.  They don't take a lot of power.  At one point I was
contemplating making a 'giant weedwacker' for the front using a spare
deck motor and heavy SS cable to do the same thing.  But was able to beat
down all kinds of  hay and stuff by angling the deck way up to get into
it, then letting her down so the rear roller's off the ground to back
over and mulch it.  A couple normal runs back and forth munched it all up
into what became, the next year, more lawn.

Dave
Weymouth MA