Re: (ET) Source small Ni-cads & NiMHs? Wholesale Club?

I have had good luck with Panasonic brand, I purchased in a kit from BJ's
Wholesale Club (like Sam's - regional though).

The kit had a 4 slot quick charger, 6 AA batteries, and 2 AAA batteries,
for
under $20.  Then BJ's also had added 6 pack of the AA size only, for
$12.99
(I think).  These were the 2150 Milliamp Hour cells - NiMH.

Unfortunately, BJ's stopped carrying this kit, and now have a similar kit
-
Energizer Brand (no idea of quality).

Recently bought a 4 pack of AA size NiMH 2000 mAH rated cells (I don't
trust
these to be real as much as I trusted Panasonic) on sale, for $4.99 (I
think), from Harbor Freight.  Have not let them sit yet, to know how fast
they self-discharge (which NiMH do MUCH faster than Ni-Cad).

Considering building a programmable battery discharge tester - with data
logger - to test these cheap Harbor Freight cells.

An interesting thing is the the much larger C and D sizes of NiMH cells
from
Harbor Freight are only rated 1500 mAH, or so, when you would think they
could be 3000 and 5000.

The Panasonic sub-C cells in my Panasonic Drill are rated 3500 mAH ! (of
course, they cost $4 or $5 EACH).