Re: (ET) Some advice on 12V deep cycle floodies

Geof, I use 3 NAPA 12vdc batteries in my E15 to mow with and have for 2 yrs now with no problems, got them on sale for $39 ea, I mow about .88 ac at a time and get 3 mows before I use the onboard charger, just my 2 cents..good luck

Jerry NW Ohio

----- Original Message ----- From: <ThompsonG DFO-MPO GC CA>
To: <elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 11:19 AM
Subject: (ET) Some advice on 12V deep cycle floodies

Hi
I am now at the point were I need to get a new battery pack for my
Wheelhorse A-60 rider. It came with "Basement Watchdogs" (sump pump backup
power) batteries, but they are pretty much toast and I am only getting about
20 minutes cutting time out of them.  Like all the riding mowers the A-60
requires 3-12V batteries. What would you folks who have and use riders,
recommend for a new power pack.
Why would I use the A-60 to cut my grass when I have several
Electraks with mowers? My lawn is too small for an ET. Actually it is almost too small for the A-60 but it makes cutting the grass a lot of fun, even if
I spend as much time in reverse as forward, (smile).

Geof Thompson
A-60,
E-81,
ER8-36,