Re: (ET) mounting a rotarty invertor?

Hi Jim,

I think it was mounted to the front via a small platform that
slides into the frame similar to the rear lift does at the back.

I myself have mounted it under the hood:
http://markus.lorch.net/et/more-pics/082004-et-inverter-1.jpg

the picture shows it with a small 12V battery but it also works with
the standard golf-cart. The board on which it is mounted sticks the
frame via two large pick-up magnets. (no bouncing around)

I hooked it up directly to the tractor with a dc circuit breaker in
between (communications surplus) which also acts as a switch. I have
learned that the EMF of moving the tractor may otherwise mess with
the circuit in the inverter and turns it on briefly even if there is
no load on it.

Having it under the hood allows me to have my small 110V weed eater
with me and operational while I am mowing. When there is a spot I can't
get to with the deck, I simply jump off and clean up with the weed eater.

Markus