From: harry landis [mailto:hlandis hotmail com]
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 6:26 PM
To: raymonellis adelphia net
Subject: RE: (ET) E-14 Timer

I still think using a bypass is not a good idea.
Do an experiment: Mow the lawn. return to the garage and plug in the
tractor

using my controller, but not the bypass timer. Get a beer and sit by the
tractor. You will hear the charger hum. After a while (typically 4 min)
you
might hear it stop humming for half a second or so and start up again.
Keep
sitting and nursing the beer. After another 4 min or so, you might hear it
do it again. After 20 min, the timeouts will be longer. After a few hours
it

will be off most of the time, and only occasionally on for a 4 min cycle.
So

the conclusion would be that when the batteries are low, the charger is on
almost continually. When they are fairly well charged, the charger is only
on intermittently. So what use is the bypass timer?

Harry