Re: (ET) e-15 Noise in power drive unit

--- David C Robie <mycroftxx1 juno com> wrote:

> Drain completely refill with 85 weight
> tranny-hypoid oil.
> Overfill it cause the original fill plug ws put in
> there too low.

I've read a little about this in the archives, and am
still a bit confused.  Did they really design the
transmission housing so that when the service
instructions say to fill to the plug, there's not
enough oil in it?  Do you have to hoist the front of
the tractor to drain it, then hoist the rear way up
high to fill it?  That downward-pointing fill hole
seems pretty unhandy.

Kelly Williams
Mount Joy, PA

(Sorry Dave, I sent this to you individually by accident.)