(ET) Landis Controller Setup

I thank everyone who responded to my Landis Controller question.  Let me report that a piece of 16 gauge steel now covers the hole which held the timer switch on my E20. No attempt has been made to alter the setpoint from the standard 38 volt setting. Too many people have incurred problems based on the replies that I have studied. The wisest comment was made by Harry Landis who wrote “I don't recommend a bypass switch, as there is a good chance you will leave it on by mistake, and overcharge your batteries. I have run 2 mowers over 10 years now with no bypass or adjustments.” I then concluded that my poor memory and rapid forgetfulness told me that Harry is right. With the AllTrax power unit there are no resistors remaining in the perforated cage above the charger which leaves plenty of space to work. An electric horn for my wife to signal me has already been placed there. Yesterday I connected a male 117V plug held rigid in place in a hole drilled in the vertical cage above and to the left of the steel plate. Both the transformer primary and secondary coils black and white wires were connected in parallel and the green wire connected to base ground. An extension cord, protected by a 900 joules surge tap, starts at the wall with female end accepting the male plug mounted on the cage. The cord stays in the garage and not piled up on the front battery when in operation. The Landis Controller is held on the top of the steel plate by 2 brass bolts in the slot and hole provided. The red wire is connected to a post on the 50 amp breaker which is always on, and black wire is connected to the copper negative post behind the steering wheel. The Landis Controller is protected with NEC required waterproof polycarbonate hinged clear cover, black base box. The base plate was cut out to fit over the Landis Controller and the top hinged on the right side. The box lid may be unlocked and raised up for controller replacement if necessary. The 38 volt LED is clearly visible through the cover. There has been one test of the finished installation. Yesterday I took the mower through our front gates and down to the roadside where the grass was tall and made about 6 long passes between the road and our fence and left the mowers running while I returned up the driveway to the garage. I turning off the switch key which cuts power to the AllTrax and turns on the power from the charger through a double relay, then I turned off the main disconnect. The red LED was on when I opened the hood and the voltage on my meter read 37.6 volts. I then plugged in the charger and read from plus post to negative post 39.6 volts which meant the battery was charging. I went into the kitchen for a quick drink of water and when I returned to the garage the charged had turned off. The battery then read 38.9 volts. That’s my report. --- I would like to ask someone with working knowledge of the charger transformer what effect does the primary and secondary windings of the coils have on the output without the timer switch. I have both coils connected in parallel and it looks like the charging is very fast. Can someone give me a tip?  Thank you very much. Raymon Ellis