Re: (ET) hot motor

Permanent magnet motor ? If so, did you mark the brush end bell orientation before disassembly? If not, that could be the culprit. The GE and made for GE motors have tabs and slots to prevent this. Just a thought.................

----- Original Message ----- From: "Neil Dennis" <wombatt gmail com>
To: "et" <Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2006 11:13 AM
Subject: (ET) hot motor

Lets see if this one bounces !!

I just pulled one of the mower motors from the JD, it was running "weak"
andgot hot enough to burn off one of the motor terminal wires at the
chassis connector [;-[   It seems to spin over ok by hand, I put in a
new lower bearing this spring (the old one was getting noisy) and hope I
got it together right - it has been running weak since then but sees to
by slowly dying.
 Any thoughts as to what I could look for or what i may have screwed
up, it had been ok before the teardown.

wombat