Re: (ET) Penetrating oil & conductivity

On 31 Jul 2006 at 19:07, David C Robie wrote:

> WD40 has ruined an awful lot of volume and other controls on TV's and
> Stereos.

That's for sure!  Even if it doesn't hurt immediately, the residue it
leaves
behind attacts more dirt, and in a few months you're back to where you
started.  That garbage they sell at Radio Schlock isn't any better; I
bought
a spray can out of desperation once, and it literally destroyed a pot (it
dissolved the plastic).

For many years I've used my treasured little bottles of Cramolin Red and
Blue.  The Red is the cleaner and the Blue the preservative.  They're a
tad
pricey but you apply them with a toothpick; for most hobbyists a small
quantity lasts a substantial fraction of a lifetime.  Cramolin Blue on new
contacts and such keeps them working like new.  Cramolin Red is what you
want to clean up grungy card edges and connectors, and those relay
contacts.
 This is the good stuff.  (No, I don't work for those guys.)

These products are now made by Caig Laboratories and they've changed the
names several times over the years.  I think what used to be Cramolin Red
(cleaner) is now called Deoxit, and Cramolin Blue (preservative) is now
Deoxit Shield, and they may not even be red and blue any more (sacrilege!).

http://store.caig.com/

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

me a private message, please use "evadm at drmm period net."
I think; therefore, I'm alone in the universe.

                    -- Vern, "Over the Hedge"