Re: (ET) capacitors

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Bob Murcek wrote:

I know that's starting to get off-topic, but the point is that in many applications the exact value of a cap is important, and more isn't better.

I'm quite familiar with tuning circuits, and the need for the capacitor to be a particular capacitance - it just wasn't clear from the archives whether the capacitance is 4 uF or 10uF, and I've never heard of "run capacitors" vs. "starting capacitors" before, so wasn't sure what the difference is.

Mike

Michael S Briggs <msbriggs alberti unh edu> 7/27/2006 4:23:46 PM >>>