From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu [mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of Jerry Rhodes
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:24 PM
To: Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) E20 info

OK before I start this, I need to know if I'm reading the schematic right. 1st I'm building a E20 puller, an I am stripping the control circuit down to the bear bones, no PTO, no RTNs, no CC, etc... I'm looking at a schematic for an E20 DA when I hit the foot feed the start swt brings in 1F an 2F, I now have power to the motor a A1 an S2 thru R1, R2, R3, wire #8(or #24) feeds a diode to wire #62 to Field F1..F2 draws from R4, wire #37, FW2, wire #22 a complete circuit ( so far so good?)...so I want the field strong? with only one resistor in the line and as I go up in speed ( 1A, then 2A, then 3A, I still only have R4 in line if I go on up in speed I add R 5, R 6, R 7 for a weak field?

All safeties will be in the line ...ie key swt, seat swt, brake swt, CB 3 will be replaced by a deadman swt ( which will also be in wire #15) ..diodes will be added for feedback control..

So am I way out in left field...it looks ok on paper...an it looks to work with the testing I've done on a mockup board..
I'm open to all input you got..thanks in  advance

it will only be running hard for about 90 sec

Jerry NW Ohio