Re: (ET) Removing Decals

<> Hi. I have a Wheel Horse B-145 that I would like to repaint. I need a
lot
of info so
<>here goes:

Here the information

<>   1. Can I still obtain new decals for this tractor?

Yes, you can get the Decals go to
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/carsnthrds/myhomepage/

And order them from Ed. In fact I have two sets of them for my two B145s.
The Quality is great and the prices are very reasonable, Just give him the
WH part numbers.

<>   2. If not, is there a way to remove the old decals safely and re-use
them?
No and besides  Ed's prices are so good it not even worth the trouble

<>   3. Is there anyone who re-produces decals for the Elec Trak tractors?
See above Say Hi to Ed for me.

<>   4. What is the best way to remove the old paint?
Sand blasting, I personally get a professional to do the big stuff and do
the little parts myself. But I have a blast case.

<>   5. After stripping off the old paint, how should the metal be prepped
and what
<>type of product should be
<>       used?
This is critical, the parts should be primed with a two part (sealing)
epoxy
primer hopefully your sand blaster will do this. The Epoxy primer is
standard. This seals the metals (makes it moisture proof) and is a very
good
think.

<>   6. What is the paint code(s) for the Wheel Horse tractor? Is it the
same as the
<>Toro red of today?
 No it not Toro red but it close. However, you might as well get it right
Go
to a local CASE HI dealer and ask for Old International RED, there are
several IH Reds but get the one for International tractors from the
1970-1975 period. It is a real tractor Enamel and designed for this type of
application it also a pretty good price. It comes in quarts and Spray cans.
I'd give you the codes but they may be different in Canada.

<>   7. What type of primer and paint should be used to repaint the
tractor?
Use the recommend (filling) primer that goes with the IH paint. This is the
primer that you will but over the epoxy primer it is and this is what you
will sand to a porcelain  like finish before you add the colour (blocking
if
you know the term). It is typically grey and believe it or not is the best
colour for red colour coat.

E-mail me if there are any more questions