(ET) John Deere 90

They made at least two, the 90 and 95, I have 2 90's, been mowing with the same on for about 20 /25 years now.

They basically are the midmount gas mower chassis converted to battery with a drive motor mounted on a "swing' mount (to use the belt as a clutch) and 2 seperate mower motors giving a 32 inch cut with side discharge.

I'm probably opinionated but i like the machine, does a good job, with new batts will do at least an acre, i usually get 3 to 4 years from a batt set using "marine" deep cycle.

Very simple control circuit, a key switch to start the drive motor, then a momentary contact lever to start the mowers which can't be started or run if the drive motor is off. Control is by a couple of "can' solenoids.

Ask him if the charger works, it is a special unit that does the full charge and then is timer controlled to 'burp" the batts once a day after that. My timers died a while ago and I've been using an outboard charger. haven't really tried to get a new timer for the onboard charger.

any questions ?  wombat