Re: (ET) How much POR-15?

On 17 Jun 2006 at 18:24, Chris Tromley wrote:

> When I had mine sandblasted it came back with some rust still present.
>  I assumed that wouldn't be a problem because POR-15 is supposed to
> encapsulate and adhere to rust just fine.

That's what they claim.  In fact they say it adheres >better< to rust than
to bare metal.  What they may have neglected to mention is the quality of
the adhesion between the rust and the steel.

> Sure enough,
> after cleaning the schmutz out of there I found plenty of little rust
> pits in the POR-15.

I remember now your posting that.  With the belly mowers, cleaning isn't
as
easy as with the front-mount mowers, and I'd really like to have something
that can deal with damp grass sitting on it for a while.

Maybe POR-15 isn't quite as durable as they claim, and a nice hard
two-part
topcoat would be in order after all.

Thanks for the response!

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

me a private message, please use "evadm at drmm period net."
To understand the Republican party (or the Democratic party,
for that matter), it is most efficient to look directly at the clients -
or as political scientist Thomas Ferguson would call them, the
"major investors." On that level, the ideological contradictions are
unimportant. Political parties do function as mediating institutions,
only not for voters.

                        -- William Greider, "Who Will Tell the People"