(ET) How much POR-15?

I'm going  to try this stuff (POR-15) on the underside of the 36" mower
deck
for my New Idea rider.  It now has spray-on appliance "epoxy" enamel on it
(applied a couple of years ago) and the rust is bubbling back through.

I plan to have the underside sandblasted to remove the old paint and rust.

>From what I read on the POR-15 website it appears that all I have to do
>is
wipe off the dust and brush the POR-15 onto the bare metal.  (Right?)

I don't plan to paint the top of the deck.  It's scratched up and it's not
pretty but I don't really care; that's just appearance.  This is supposed
be a working machine, not one that I take to shows.

What I want to know is, how much POR-15 should I order?  There are some
pretty vorpal pits in the steel, so I'll want to apply 2 or 3 coats, and
the
paint will be doing some filling, so the stated coverage of 12 ft^2 per
4oz
is probably overly optimistic.

The $25 pint is a much better deal per unit of measure than the six-pack
of
tiny 4oz cans - but if I buy a pint, will I use it all?  It appears that
shelf life once the can is opened is pretty poor.

Also, how does POR-15 stand up under decks?  Should I consider a 2-part
topcoat for durability?

I'll appreciate guidance from those who have experience with the stuff.

If you'd rather email me privately than post on the list, please don't
reply
to the address above, as it won't reach me.  Instead form my email address
by concatenating the mailname "evadm", the second level domain "drmm", and
the top level domain (TLD) "net", using the proper punctuation.  (Example
of
how to assemble: mailname second-level-domain tld)  Sorry to do this but
the
list is archived with no address obfuscation, and I don't want the
spambots
to harvest that address, as they have every other address I've used on
this
list.

Thanks again.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

me a private message, please use "evadm at drmm period net."
When the president does it, that means it is not illegal.

                     -- Richard Nixon