From: RJ Kanary
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 8:51 PM
Subject: Re: (ET) running tractor on charger

        Maybe lower DC voltage.Have you tried looking at the AC component of the output ? That's what the charger diodes are looking at with no load present.
     Yes, the more robust components may not care about the electrical equivalent of toxic waste being thrown at them, but what about the solid state components used in the controls of the E-12 S, the E-15 AA through GA, and the E-20 AA through DA?
      Or even those little bitty silicon diodes used in other model's circuitry, such as the E-20 EA and later ?
        Paranoid. Quite possibly. Cautious.Most definitely.It's hard to put that Lucas® smoke back in to those parts. :)