(ET) E12M serial numbers

Hi all,

I've been working on a pair of E12M's that recently
came out of the woods.  Hopefully "the two shall
become one"...  I'm finishing up the rust-breaking and
starting on the charger and the brake.

But I'm wondering - where can I look to figure out the
year of manufacture of these, based on their serial
number?  The manuals I've downloaded so far don't have
any info like this.

If it helps, they are both 26AE12EA, and the serial #s
are AR12 735 and AR14 641.  I'm guessing there's a way
to decode at least the first part of that number?

Thanks...

Kelly Williams
Mount Joy, PA