(ET) another thought on battery boxes / front side panels

After removing one of the front side panels last night, I'm now pondering another approach for dealing witht he rusted out holes on the bottom of those, and in the rear battery box. I'll of course remove all of the paint and rust, and then for addressing the lower parts of the panels (where the holes are, and where the rust is the worst), I could use L brackets (cut to the length of the panels) to make new bottom edges for the existing panels, just bolting the L brackets on to the panels (could weld them on with our welder at work, but it's currently out of commission). I could then just use bondo as necessary to smooth out any visible rough edges. Should be relatively cheap and easy I think, but should be durable and look decent.

Mike

--

Michael S. Briggs
UNH Physics Department