Re: (ET) probable dumb question

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, Neil Dennis wrote:

I'm ready to start cultivating with my e-12 soon, use the tiller held to
about a 2 inch till depth, just wondering if it's easier on the batt's
running in LL - 3  or L - 1  ?   Guessing LL3 with no external resisters
in circuit but maybe not.

You definitely want to run with no resistors in the circuit. Running in speed 1 or 2 not only wastes energy, but causes the tractor to slow down badly if the load increases (e.g. going up hill). Speeds 1 and 2 are really only for getting moving.

Steve Gaarder