Re: (ET) E 20 - charger - Disconnects, transmissions

On 6 Jun 2006 at 7:23, JBR wrote:

> Maybe this was the car David
> refers to !

No, it was some kind of conversion, but I don't recall what.  Probably a
Fiat or Toyota or Datsun or similar small car, in that era.  The guy was
homebrewing it, making what we call a "rolling science fair project."

I wish I remembered more of the details, but I suppose they don't really
matter.  The point is, you need more than one way to turn an EV off.  And
don't mean seat switch and brake switch, I mean redundant contactors
and/or
switches in series, operated by different means.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

me a private message, please use "evadm at drmm period net."
To understand the Republican party (or the Democratic party,
for that matter), it is most efficient to look directly at the clients -
or as political scientist Thomas Ferguson would call them, the
"major investors." On that level, the ideological contradictions are
unimportant. Political parties do function as mediating institutions,
only not for voters.

                        -- William Greider, "Who Will Tell the People"