Re: (ET) E 20 - charger hum

It is supposed to hum.

The humming is caused by the windings in the transformer "moving" in
response to the changing magnetic fields caused by the AC current running
through them.  Basically it becomes a 60 HZ speaker.

The hum will get louder as the batteries get full. It is the loudest if
you turn on the charger when the disconnect is disconnected. This is kind
of a nice feature thet reminds us to leave the disconnect, connected for
charging.

Which kind of makes me wonder why we have a disconnect in the first place.
I know I've bypassed mine.....(it was broke anyway)

Could you tell me why my battery charger hums real loud when trying to
charge my batteries?