Re: (ET) Garden Pulling with the E20

Hi Tim,

yep, the tire was pretty good for this application.
I have the 23x10.5-12 agricultural tires. I bought them
last year, and I remember they were pretty inexpensive
compared to other similar tires I looked at. The brand
was DURO, here is a picture.
http://www.tiresunlimited.com/images/duro/HF255.jpg
I got them somewhere on the web and had them mounted at
a local tire store. Not sure if it was the company from the link
above. Most of the other pullers had special tires, either
the modified agricultural tires (cut to make them bite better)
or the 26x12 size pitbull tires, specially made for garden pulling.
One comment about the tires: they were cheap and seem to work
fine, but they stink - even while my tractors were stored
outside you could smell them from quite a distance. It lasted
about half a year, and by now they have lost the odor.

However, with the tire above (and low air pressure) I had plenty
of traction, but no power left. I could've done a run in LL and
may have pulled it farther but I didn't want to go that slowly.

If I were pulling with the 15hp tractors I think I could have had a good
chance
to win. But compared to the 25hp "tuned" tractors the E20 was a bit weaker.
I've got a spare E15 motor sitting around and thought of putting both
motors
on it, but I don't want to break the gearbox or anything else. So I think
the aim is to lighten the tractor and have my son drive it in the small
350kg/770lbs class.

Markus