Re: (ET) E12 Front Axle Torched.

I have heard of non-cast axles for the ET but all I've seen were cast. If they are interchangeable, I would find a cast replacement, since some of the accessories put a pretty heavy load on the front axle. Axles should be easily available as most tractors die before from other causes first.

- SteveS

David C Robie wrote:

Square steel tubing is a 'stock shape' at any steeyard and not expensive.
 All you got to do is copy the old one, burn the workiing parts off thev
old axle and weld em on the new tube.  It is also possible to get the
next largest size tube that telescopes over the old axle ends,  and
splice it at the burn.
Dave Weymouth MA

On Wed, 24 May 2006 18:42:47 -0700 (PDT) BRIAN ROSS <rossbt verizon net>