Re: (ET) volts

David Roden wrote:
On 15 Apr 2006 at 1:12, Christopher Zach wrote:

Why go 48 volts anyway?

Well, perhaps for the same reason that Mark did - you can get rid of the field weakening and still have the same top speed.

I suppose, however I always think of FW as an "overdrive". Gear D2 speed 4 is about as fast as I need a lawn tractor to go anyway.

However - I think the Alltrax controller does not perform field weakening, and I haven't yet found that I miss the higher top speed on my E15. So - maybe no big deal.
*nod* I guess you could do six 8 volt batteries to get 48, but then you have lower battery life and range. I just don't see much of a point.

Chris