(ET) UPS

I've been toying with the idea recently of getting a medium size UPS that
runs on 36VDC.  The idea is to get a unit with its own battery, but also
has an external battery interface to hookup to my ET's battery pack for
backup power to keep some computer/networking systems I have at home
always on (my phone is VoIP, plus 2 servers and a PC).

I've been looking at several Tripp Lite models that are known to operate
on 36VDC and have an external battery pack interface.

In particular, I have my eye on this model...
http://www.tripplite.com/products/product.cfm?productID=2664

I know UPS's always want to control the batteries attached to them, and
thus will charge them when they get low.  I also know that in the various
"hot swap" UPS models, that when batteries are disconnected, the UPS's
still function without interruption.

My questions to the ET group are:
(1) Has anyone successfully used a UPS to recharge the big batteries of an
ET?
(2) Is it better/worse than the stock charger in an E20?  With Landis
controller?
(3) Does anyone know where to get quick disconnects for high gauge wire,
required for a 36VDC external battery hookup?

Note, I have not looked at inverters, because the idea is that a UPS would
remain functional (on main power) and have its own internal battery when
the ET is disconnected and in use.  When the ET returns, at first the ET
would recharge off the UPS, and when needed it would provide extended
battery run-time for especially long power failures (such as the wires in
front of the house being damaged, which has happened to me and caused a 4
day outage).

 mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com
 http://Jeremy.Gagliardi.com