-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of David Roden
(Akron OH USA)
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 3:30 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Alltrax Smoked!

Are you sure you had the correct motor terminals?  It's not always easy
to see what's going on under that machine.  I believe I remember reading
that on the E20, the terminals for the thermal breaker are similar to
and close to the field terminals.  Apparently a couple of Alltrax
controllers have died from trying to power a dead short (the thermal
breaker) as if it were the field.

dr