-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of Stephen &
Carol
Welch
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:35 PM
To: et
Subject: (ET) Electric motor search (off topic)

Thanks to Chris T., I have a single-stage gas snowblower to convert to
electric.  At this point I'm looking for a 12-15 amp 110 volt motor that
will run at 4,000 rpm.  I am thinking that this will come closest to
approximating the IC engine that is being removed, while still being
operable from a standard household outlet.

Anyone have any good, inexpensive sources for this sort of thing?
I've done some surfing, but the motor universe is quite large, and I am by
no means an expert in these things.  I have noticed that some circular saws
use motors that seem to have the right specs - I would just have to find a
supplier...

Your ideas welcome - feel free to email me offlist.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Alltraxed E-20