Re: (ET) Alltrax install!

At 04:43 PM 2/22/2006 -0800, Rob Brockway wrote:
I did not think the unit was truelly regen capable. Does anyone know if it really is ?

It would take a special effort to prevent a separately excited controller regenning. After all you are basically providing a fixed field just like a PM, so to keep from regenning the field would have to be decayed at least as fast as the motor slowed down. If I had to do it I'd monitor the current and when it went negative cut the field strength but that would just minimize it not eliminate it.

Robert

" 'Freedom' has no meaning of itself. There are always restrictions, be they legal, genetic, or physical. If you don't believe me, try to chew a radio signal. " -- Kelvin Throop, III
http://www.aeolusdevelopment.com/