Re: (ET) Elec-trak Digest, Vol 4, Issue 21

The Electric Ox would certainly address your issues of reliability of
old equipment.  It does cost a lot, though, although I understand it's
comparable to similar new gasoline equipment.  The mowing blades
have retractable and replaceable tips which will probably protect
against anything breaking if you mow into a rock.  They won't help if
you drop the deck downward on the rock, however.  The Ox also has the
advantage that it has separate motors on the two wheels, so there is
less chance to get stuck in rough terrain.

I'm generally happy with mine, although the company has been a pain to
deal with.  I wrote a review in
http://cosmos.phy.tufts.edu/~kdo/electricox/review.html .  Feel free
to contact me if you're thinking of buying one and want more
information.

                                        Ken