-----Original Message-----
From: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu] On Behalf Of
MakingLightning
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2005 7:29 PM
To: Elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Elec-trak snow thrower performance

I have an Elec-trak snow thrower and an E15 but have never hooked the 2
up and used them.

I was wondering what kind of performance and experiences that any of you
have had with them. Do they get plugged at all? What happens when you
really load them down too much, a gas one just groans and will stall at
worst. What kind of snow can they handle? Do they throw it as good as a
gas one?

When you have the snow thrower on an Elec-trak, do you have to have
wheel weights? I am not sure how the weight and weight distribution of
an Elec-trak compares to something like an old John Deer 110 garden
tractor and snow thrower. On that I had weights, chains, and the tires
filled with chloride, and it worked fine, but you could still tell it
was front end heavy.

I live in Michigan and have a 125ft driveway.

I understand that the E-20 motor can be run at 48v, let's say you scrap
the wiring and are using an Alltrax controller. I guess it is a matter
of heat with them and you probably are not putting the full 48v and
maxed current for very long periods of time. Can you run the snow
thrower motor at 48v too?
My electric lazyboy project is all 48v and I was considering mounting
the snow thrower on that in the winter. Can the mower motors run on 48v?
Anyone know?

Kevin