Re: (ET) NiCD powered Elec-trak report

Pestka, Dennis J wrote:
Chris;

Maybe I missed this sometime in the past, but could you share some cost of
these NiCD's and where you purchased them?

Cost is tricky. The only place I know to get them from is SG photo, where they cost $10 a cell or something like that. They do show up surplus from time to time; have not seen them recently though.

In addition to the battery, figure on spending $3.00 per cell for nickel plated interconnects and stainless washers/bolts/and the like. You really really can't use anything else; these things turn zinc plated screws to filth, and cheap copper wire crimps to copper sulfate sludge. In a week.

However they do not attack the steel in the Trac, and they seem to fit nicely. Building my third "range extender" pack right now.

Chris