Re: (ET) More lift motor observations

I went out to the barn and dug out my spare New Idea lift motor (baby, it's coo-old out there!)

However, I could see no markings anywhere on the motor. If there were any there before I assume it was a rubber stamp on the outside shell, and a light coat of rust has wiped out anything that was there.

It appears to be a standard permanent magnet design, and the end bells look like it has roller bearings. I didn't take it apart, so that is about all I know. Except it is completely different than those I had on my GE tractors - even the gear box is different.

I didn't get any answers from anyone to explain the different lift motor on the New Idea.

Erv Troyer
Lagrange, IN
NI EGT-150 (and a recently acquired GE E-15 - offer was too good to refuse it)

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 Konstanty, Walter Walter Konstanty ge com wrote:

>    Can you let me know the model number of a lift motor??
> Since I work for GE Motors I may be able to get some specs/info on them to help us all out.
> I do have info on the E15, E20, and snowblower motors which I'll send to the website soon.
> Running motors at higher than rated voltage causes them to run higher speed by the same
> ratio - that increases load/current as this is a constant torque application (load stays same
> with speed).
> Also, these are not continuous load capability motors......intermittent duty at best.
>
> ....Walt

<snip>