Re: (ET) Got it in one guess (E20 problems)

On 6 Nov 2005 at 22:57, Christopher Zach wrote:

> If this is the case, then I really feel
> for people who have E15's; with those electronic controls you could have
> a real
> basket case on your hands.

That's why I dropped in the Alltrax controller.

I lost reverse in the middle of plowing the driveway. The relay wouldn't
quite pull in.  I finished the plowing job with the ET's hood off and the
relay panel tilted down so I could push down the relay to back up.

Back in the garage, I found that the new relay I'd bought from Bill Gunn
and
held in reserve didn't fix the problem.  It appeared to be (another) card
problem.  At that point I decided it wasn't productive use of my time to
(again) troubleshoot the card.

The person who is devoted to maintaining the ET in original trim (for
whatever reason) might do well to consider a complete rebuild of the
control
electronics, using all new components.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA

Note: mail sent to the "from" address above may not reach me.  To
send me a private message, please use "evdl at drmm period net."
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.

                               -- Emma Goldman