Re: (ET) Electric Motors 101

Well, the only two drive motors on an Elec-trak that I know of are the PM type and the shunt wound motors (which are sorta-a bit combo, but that's not really too relevant). The differences in the shunt motors seem to be that the E12 control does not do field weakening, the E15/E20 does. And the E20 motor is a bit bigger.

Series wound motors seem to be used in the snowblower, tiller, and lift motors. Not sure if other accessories use them.

What's wrong with the current reversing system (well, on an E20)?

Chris

Hi
I know we've had this discussion before. But, I've got myself all confused again, What are the three types of Electrak Motors, and how do they operated and what are the differences. I am think they are PM. Combination, and Separate. The reason I am asking is I found a high current manual switch by Square D that I think can be used to replace the entire forward/reverse CKT. It can be wire for all three types of motors. If this works it a pretty simple fix. The switch replaces the contactor and the switch from forward to reverse is made manually. Cheers (stay dry)
*/Geof Thompson/**/ /*