Re: (ET) New tires for steering

Pay Attention to Bob's last line!!

I had almost the exact same steering problem symptoms. I then followed
Bob's directions almost to the "T". But without his instruction, I just
instinctively did it. I found the thrust washers/shims had worn and I
added one to fix the problem.

BUT!!, onto the important part. My steering started skipping because my
steering spindles were BONE DRY and starting to gall!!  When I had the
front jacked up, I still couldn't turn the wheels. I'm not exactly weak
either, those steering spindles were BAD. I consider myself extremely
lucky that I was able to free them up.

 MAKE SURE YOU GREASE THESE TRACTORS AT LEAST ANNUALLY. Maybe even more.
My tractor see's heavy use, often 2 - 3 times perweek, between the mowing,
plowing(dirt and snow), blowing, logging, and running the sawmill. So now
I check it quarterly.

Stay Charged!

Hump