Re: (ET) Elec-trak Digest, Vol 3, Issue 316

Hello John
The E-141 is a large 8 speed  Wheelhorse tractor. Approx 600 to 800 lbs
with
batteries. It was made in the Mid 1980. They are very different from the
other Electracs from the 1970. This is good and bad.

        First, the good stuff. They are pure Wheelhorse, so there is a lot
of Wheelhorse equipment that will fit this machine and they are really
great
lawn cutters, and there are plows that are available. I am not sure about
tilling but I know a standard Electrac rotor tiller will not fit without
serious modification. As far as pulling they should be great,  the 8 speed
UniDrive transmission is probably the best transmission made and LL is a
real stump puller.
        If you go to the Toro Wheelhorse page you can find parts and
drawings and Toro is good at sending manuals and parts lists. Search under
Wheelhorse , Riding products, E-141 8 speed tractor, or Model 01-14E801.
I also have full manuals if you really get stuck. Believe it or not many of
the parts for E-141 are still available for Toro, I just got a seat switch
for one of my two E-141.
        Now he bad stuff. These machine use 6 12V batteries in a
series/Parallel configuration and the Charge and Charging system are a rats
nest. The Charge/Brain Box are clearly the weakest part of this system,
although you can charge these guys with a regular charger it take a bit of
"creativity" to make this work"

Summary the E-141 is a large heavy Wheelhorse electric tractor from the
1980. If you can get a working one with a working charger. I'd say go for
it. Your will be tired before they give up on you.

<>Message: 1