Re: (ET) New tires for steering

Hi Chis,
I had gear skips and lousy steering which I fixed by adding shims that bring the fan gear closer to the gear on the steering shaft. Also I added wheel weights to the front wheels. Have same old orgional Elec-trak tires but it steers much better now.
Richard Zachary

Chris Zach wrote:

I've noticed that my Elec-trak E20 *stinks* in terms of steering. Put a load on the end of the front lift and the sector gear skips, but more to the point it is almost impossible to steer. Likewise the rear tires don't have much grab to speak of.

Is this possibly because I have old tires? Maybe they are stiff and crummy. Would new tires make steering with loads easier, or is this just Elec-trak life?

Chris