Re: (ET) lift motors, almost, but not quite....

I got a 12V winch motor on eBay that is reversing. it came with a handcontrol that switches polarity for the forward/reverse. My tractor is going into the shop on Friday for some metal work I can't do and when I get it back I was going to use this on the dash

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F011%5F002%5F015%5F001&product%5Fid=275%2D709&FGL=1-001

to switch polarity like this on the switch pins

motor        power         motor
    +                 +                    -
    -                  -                     +

Jeff Tickner
Technical Support
800-545-9485, Ext 536
SoftLanding Systems

"Perry Cain" <perry suppleye com>
Sent by: elec-trak-bounces cosmos phy tufts edu

09/29/2005 12:13 PM

<elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
cc
Subject
Re: (ET) lift motors, almost, but not quite....

I replaced one of mine with a 12v winch from Harbor Frieght.   But to slow
it down, I have it running off 6v.

I messed around with a 12v armature rod, but never got it to where it looked
decent.  So I used it as an electric lift for my trailer.