Re: (ET) lift motors, almost, but not quite....

I did - I happened to have a Superwinch 1500 left over from another
application and I bolted it to the front 'grille' of the E-15.  I used new
tubular nylon webbing instead of cable, and I'm running it on 12V, but
through the main disconnect switch (My OEM disconnect switch with fusible
link is still in good shape, knock on wood) and using the switch that came
with the winch that switches both leads to the winch to get FW and REV.  Or
in and out if you prefer.  I can post a picture or two somewhere if folks
are interested.

The main problem (besides the fact that it sticks out on the front) is that
it is too fast and powerful - I have to be careful to use something
disposable between the webbing and the attachment on the deck or dozer
blade
because it'll rip the fitting off otherwise if I'm not paying attention and
still have my finger on the switch when the implement hits the stops at the
top.

But I am looking forward to having it zip the snowblower up and down...

I'm also thinking of cutting a hole in the side of the front battery box
for
the end of the winch to stick out so I can mount the thing on the _inside_
of the grille.  I've got plenty of room in there above the charger since I
did the Alltrax conversion and the big resistors are gone.  I'd also need a
fairlead through the grille, although maybe over the top would be best...
I've been toying with the idea of mounting the fairlead on a stiff spring
somehow so that I can see the thing deflect and get my finger off the
switch
before things start breaking and pulling out and such.  But I haven't
gotten
the right idea in my head for it yet.  Ooh ooh I think I've got it -
something like a chain tensioner on a bike derailleur, with pulleys to
guide
the webbing in an S shape, and a flag that pops up when the load overcomes
the spring tension.  Better yet, a switch that cuts out the winch when the
load overcomes the spring tension.

Hmm, more things to try, and even less time to try them in than ever
before!

Joel