(ET) Field short-out

Ok, tonight I had the famed ground fault bite me nicely. Apparently I have a second fault in the lift wire, resulting in half the pack draining while still because the fault was going thru the field.

Bad news: When I fire up the tractor with this fault and connect the tractor lift wire to +18volts, the motor slows down.

My guess is the short might be inside the motor in the field windings. If so, any idea how I could fix this? Can the motor be repaired, or is it time for a new E20 motor?

Anyone have a spare?

Chris