(ET) Recent thread on rewiring

Mike,
Mike switching the field works, if you happen to have a field!  The motor
currently in my tractor is a permanent magnet motor.  I still have the old
wound field motor, but it needed rebuilding at the time, and the permanent
magnet motor was brand new.  I won't say anything bad about the Alltrax,
I've never seen one.  I've just had very good results with Curtis.  Some of
the machines I built with the Curtis are robotic watering machines for
large
greenhouse operations.  The Curtis is controlled by a PLC.