Re: (ET) E15HA PTO Problem

Doug McCorkle wrote:
I just replaced the diode on the diode-varistor board (well, actually I
built an entirely new board, since most of the components were either bad
or
missing), using Radio Shack bridge rectifiers (half of one for the
forward-reverse diodes, and a quarter of another for the PTO diode), and
the
PTO works normally now.  Such a nice easy fix!

It seems that I've responded to about a half dozen problems as of late with "fix the diodes". I've also replaced the diodes on my card 4 a few years back as well on my E20.

Perhaps the half life of the Elec-trak diodes simply has been reached. Which brings up a more interesting question: The E15 is an electronics goldmine. I wonder if it would be worth building a new E15 card and selling it as a replacement for when the caps and SCRs start going bad on that thing.

Chris